Updated: October 24, 2016
By using this site, you accept the following agreement (the “Agreement”). This Agreement may be updated from time to time at the sole discretion of Building Markets (“Building Markets”). Use of this website at any time constitutes your acceptance of the latest version of this Agreement. If you do not accept this Agreement, do not use this website.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You acknowledge and agree that all content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, photographs, videos, data compilations is the property of Building Markets or its content suppliers and is protected by US and international copyright laws.
Except as otherwise indicated on this website, any person using this website is authorized to copy, print, or distribute any of its contents only as set forth below, and Building Markets may terminate such authorization at any time:
- Users may print out individual pages but cannot copy or download a large portion of the website (e.g., no bots, webcrawlers, spiders, etc. that “harvest” the website).
- Any copies of such documents or pages must not alter the original website content and must include the Building Markets copyright notice: “©Building Markets . All Rights Reserved.”
- No one may frame this website or any portion thereof without the express written permission of Building Markets. Linking to this website is permitted, provided that the link does not falsely imply or suggest that Building Markets has endorsed or is affiliated with the linked website. Building Markets is not liable for the contents of any third-party website linked to its website.
- Violations of Law. You are prohibited from using this website to commit, or in connection with, criminal or civil violations of federal, state, local, or international laws, regulations, or other governmental requirements, or to infringe or violate the rights (including intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights) of any person. We reserve the right to report any such activity to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators or other third parties, and we may do so without prior notice to you.
- Security Violations. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the website. Any such violations may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. Examples of prohibited security violations include: (a) logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for your use; (c) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the website or its infrastructure; (d) tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures; (e) transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other devices that intend to (or actually) damage or disrupt the website or its infrastructure; and (f) interfering with or intercepting any service or data relating to the website, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” the website or its infrastructure.
- Threats. You are prohibited from using this website to transmit materials of a harassing or threatening nature.
- Offensive or Unlawful Materials. You are prohibited from using this website for the display or distribution of offensive or unlawful materials, including materials that are libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, or hateful, or materials that infringe or violate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others.
- Spam. You are prohibited from using this website in connection with spam. Spam is not only annoying to other users, it might degrade the website or interfere with its operation. Spam includes any of the following activities: (a) sending any unsolicited e-mail that could provoke complaints; (b) sending unsolicited e-mail without identifying a clear and easy means to be excluded from receiving additional e-mail from the same source; and (c) sending e-mail that does not accurately identify the sender, the sender’s return address and e-mail address.
- Other Prohibited Conduct. You further agree that when using this website, you will not do any of the following: (a) post or upload any content containing any solicitation; (b) download any content that you know, or reasonably should know, has not been lawfully posted or distributed; (c) falsify or delete any author attributions or proprietary or legal notices; (d) use another’s password without permission or impersonate another person; or (e) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Special Rules Regarding Expanded Listings. In connection with your expanded listing, you may choose to upload a personal photograph. Please note that photographs are protected by copyright law. Before uploading a photograph , you must obtain permission to do so from the person who owns its copyright– usually, the person who took the photograph. In addition, you should not violate the privacy rights (and you should respect any privacy concerns) of any other person featured in such photographs; you should obtain his or her permission before uploading the photograph.
We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether you have used the website in a prohibited way. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the website and, if we become aware that you have used (or attempted to use) the website for a prohibited purpose, we reserve the right to take any action we deem appropriate, including terminating your access to the website. We may not notify you before we take any such action against you.
Building Markets respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material on this website infringes your copyrights, you may notify us in the way identified below. When we receive such a notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and/or, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts or website access of any repeat infringers. If we remove or disable access to material in response to your notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the individual or entity who submitted the material, so that that he or she has the opportunity to make a counter notification.
Pursuant to Section 512(c)(2) of the U.S. Copyright Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Building Markets has designated an agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement. If you have any queries or complaints regarding copyright infringement, you may send your queries to:
32 Broadway, Suite 1714
New York, New York 10004
Consistent with the U.S. Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov), to file a notice of copyright infringement with us, you must provide a written communication to our contact identified above, in which you do the following (preferably in this format):
- Give enough information to enable Building Markets to contact you regarding your complaint, including your name, address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address.
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted material(s) and/or work(s) that you claim is/are being infringed on this website.
- Identify in sufficient detail the material(s) and/or work(s) that you claim is/are causing such infringement, and give enough information (such as a web page address) to allow Building Markets to locate such material(s) and/or work(s) within the website.
- State that you have a good-faith belief that use of the copyrighted material(s) and/or work(s) in item (2) above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- State that the information in this notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you either own the copyright (or an exclusive right under the copyright) in the material(s) and/or work(s) that you claim in (2) above is/are being infringed, or are authorized by such owner to act on its behalf.
- Provide your physical or electronic signature.
Please note that if you falsely claim that any posted content is infringing your copyrights, you may be liable for monetary damages, costs and attorney’s fees.
Pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the U.S. Copyright Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the provider of the content named in the above infringement notification may make a counter-notification. When we receive such a counter-notification, we may reinstate the material in question on our website or cease disabling access to it. To file a counter-notification with us, you must provide a written communication to the contact identified above, in which you do the following (preferably in this format):
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or New York County, New York, if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
- Identify the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (i.e., the specific URLs or other unique identifying information).
- State under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Provide your physical or electronic signature.
Please note that if you falsely claim that any posted content was removed or disabled due to Building Markets’ mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for monetary damages, costs and attorney’s fees.
OTHER WEBSITE CONCERNS
If you wish to write to Building Markets about any other issue concerning the website, please use the contact information below:
32 Broadway, Suite 1714
New York, New York 10004
Please include details that would assist Building Markets in investigating and resolving any concerns you may have.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Building Markets and its affiliates will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to special or consequential damages, that result from the use of (or the inability to use) this website and its contents, or a website linked to this site, including any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation, computer virus, line failure, or other computer malfunction.
If you communicate or submit any remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, photographs or other information or materials to Building Markets on or through this site (“Submissions”), you give Building Markets permission to use (and to allow its affiliates and partners to use) such Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without notification or compensation to you or anyone else. Unless Building Markets expressly states to the contrary, Building Markets will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential.
The material in this website may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Building Markets may make changes to the website and its contents at any time.
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY BUILDING MARKETS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. BUILDING MARKETS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. Building Markets DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT, THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR THAT THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Access to this website from countries or territories where such access is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Furthermore, our databases connected with this website are located in the United States. By posting to our website or sending us your data, you consent to their transfer to and from, and storage within the United States.
You agree that your use of this website, this Agreement and any disputes relating thereto shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in Manhattan, New York.
At Building Markets (“Building Markets”), we understand that privacy is important. We are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and visitors to our website. The following information is designed to help you better understand the information we gather from our website and through our services, how we protect the information once we gather it, and whether and how we disclose it to anyone.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to provide you with a great experience that will help lead you more efficiently to the information you are looking for. We will also send you information upon your request and relevant information that will help you utilize the website.
In general, we automatically gather certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to this website and what features of the website are most popular to our visitors. This information may include which URL you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, what features you click on and read (in whole or in part), and your IP address. We use such data only in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our visitors use parts of the website, and to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior, so as to better understand and serve you. In addition, we may aggregate data and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
Building Markets operates and maintains social networking pages and venues on websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Building Markets will, from time to time, import comments and posts from these third-party websites to this website. If you post to any of Building Markets social networking pages on third-party websites, you are providing information to the public and do so at your own risk. Further, Building Markets may use these postings on its website without further notice or compensation to you. Please visit the privacy policies of any third party websites before posting to Building Markets pages there.
“Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive; each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser preferences allow it. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to interact with certain features on our website, and you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during a session. In addition, a number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously.
We care about the security of your transactions and use standard industry practices to safeguard your credit card information. We use high-grade encryption and the secure https protocol to communicate with your browser software, which guards against interception of the credit card information you give us. We also employ several different security techniques to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access or use. You should be aware, however, that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and that third parties may be able to intercept private communications and/or access your personally identifiable information.
In general, we will not sell, share or rent information about you in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. However, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances. We cooperate with governments and private parties to enforce laws such as those regarding intellectual property rights, fraud, data privacy and security. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to government officials and private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement or other activity connected to this website that is illegal or may expose us or you to liability.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We work to process and maintain accurately the information that you share with us. You will have access to a user dashboard to update information as needed – you are also encouraged to contact us if you notice any errors within your information or any data you see on the site.
32 Broadway, Suite 1714
New York, New York 10004